
Right now if my life were named after a theme of an Oprah show it would be called "Wildest Dreams Come True." Remember that episode circa 2005?
Well let me elaborate further. Becoming a mother was my life dream #1 that recently came true. Now life dream #2 is about to come true because next month WE'RE GOING TO SEE OPRAH IN CHICAGO!!! That's right, you read that correctly!!!! Suzanne + Jeff + Chicago = O MY GOSH!!!
I am very thankful that I did get to see her when she came to Vegas in 2008, but in my heart, I knew that I was just destined to be at Harpo Studios one day. I wasn't sure how that would really come to be, but leave it to Jeff Johnson to get make it happen.
In addition to the fun filled weekend he planned for us for our 10 year wedding anniversarylast month, that night he handed me an envelope and said, "don't get your hopes up." I opened it up to find the email correspondence he was having back and forth with his "Harpo hookup" in attempts to give me a once and a life time trip to see my girl O. He was already plotting and scheming, but at that point nothing had panned out yet. I just swooned at the thought of him trying to do this for me. Again. He's has tried a few times prior in years past. So I basically just put it out of my mind since that night.
Fast forward to today as I get a call from Jeff this morning while he was at school and he ever so calmly shared the news with me that's it on. I immediately went into hyperdrive/excited/flabbergasted mode and was just hoping that he didn't have an Oprah secret camera on me or anything because I was pacing the floor and jumping around like a total lunatic. Ok , and because my bed head hair was looking wack.
Leaving the babes for a few days will be tough, but I seriously can't pass this amazing opportunity-life dream #2-bucket list item up. Now what to wear, what to wear. It took me a whole week last time to find my green dress (I wanted to wear green in honor of Oprah's favorite color, I know, I know, how lame), but this time I have at least a month to find something special. I think J Crew is calling my name. And soon, so will Chicago.
I can't wait!!!



8 comments:
SO excited for you!!! (and maybe a little bit jealous)
wooohooo!! i am so excited for you!! i want to go so bad! one of my friends is the worst at texting while driving. i told him he is my ticket to see oprah because i am going to turn him in for not taking her no texting pledge! wish me luck and i hope you guys have so much fun!!
Yay!!! Oh I'm so excited for you!!! What an amazing hubby you have to set up something so special! Can't wait to hear all the details when you get back!
No way! I'm so excited for you. It's kind of cool since it's hard to get tickets to her since this she is going to end her show. lucky girl! Take tons of pictures!
Yay Suz! I'm excited for you! :)
have fun and let us know when your episode will air so we can watch for you!
yes!! How freaking awesome! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!
You are one lucky girl Suz !!! And you have an amazing man to be making this happen!!! Yay for you!!!
Post a Comment