"If I could turn back time...if I could find a way..." to relive my Oprah experience I would. Okay, I'll quit with the Cher lyrics, but seeing Oprah was truly one of the highlights of my life thus far. There is no way I could sum up every last detail in a post, so I have chosen to share tid bits and highlights instead. And if anyone wants the full report, just call for complete details though I warn you retelling the experience goes on for about 15 minutes, at least.
So, "what do I know for sure" - that the big O did not disappoint in any way! She was actually all that I had dreamed her up to be in my mind: genuine, glamorous, candid, personable with the audience, funny (girl could do stand up, I swear!), and she had me at "Helloooooooo Las Vegas!" The second I saw her as the screen/curtain rolled up, I lost it and became totally emotional. No, I wasn't hysterically crying, but my eyes were certainly filled with tears, I had chills down my arms, and it was then that I realized what a amazing moment this was so I was trying my best to savor every second of it. I loved watching her every move. I loved listening to her tell us story after story. Some story highlights that I'll share now that you'd get from my 15 minute version are: her time in Telluride the night before the taping of our show with Tom Cruise and the snowmobile ride, the remote controlled toilet in her Ceasar's Palace high roller suite, and her and Gayle's shopping trip in Switzerland with Tina Turner just to name a few! Let's see...more highlights...her false eyelash fell off and she borrowed eyelash glue from an audience member because Val was no where to be found with her glue (why didn't I have any glue that day?), I got to see some of Team Harpo's big time operators like Dean, Andre, Val, and Gail was in the house as well, Tina Turner (who is 68 years old) most impressively sang and danced all around the stage in her Christian Louboutin heels (yes, we were sitting close enough where I could see the flashy red soles of her shoes), Oprah was on stage for almost 2 hours (yes I took note of my time with her), and the event brought plenty of Tina & Cher drag queens and impersonators. Don't act surprised. Also, I would have to say that Tina and Cher looked dang good for being 68 & 61 years of age, they gave good performances, their interviews were interesting and rather funny, and for all my peeps that are big time die hard Tina fans (anyone??...), she made a big announcement that she is going on tour for one last time! Yep, you heard it here first, unless you watch the show tomorrow before reading this, which will more than likely be the case. I thought that was pretty impressive for her to be touring the US of A at nearly 70 years old! I could keep going with all this, but I will wind down with Jeff spotting Gail walking up our way as we were leaving. So I decided to start walking slowly and stall a little in hopes of that she would pass me, and indeed she did! I was literally less than a foot way from her, and we both had to turn in sideways towards each other in order to pass. Yes, I was a total chicken and couldn't think of not one thing to say to her, so I just smiled as we passed on by. And can I just say, she had the most beautiful false eyelashes ever?! They were so full and long and pretty, it made me want to slap on a pair, which would then require me to carry around eyelash glue in my purse...and you know where I am going with that one. All in all, and as absurd as it probably sounds, it was such an amazing and special experience for me that I won't soon forget. And yes, my love and admiration for Oprah has exponentially grown...and you thought it was intense before - HA! Thank you Channel 8 (and to my laptop with a lucky fast connection that day) for the tickets!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
HOORAY!!!!
Thanks Suz!
Love ya!
wow, you sure love O!
;)
I can't wait to see the episode tonight - thank goodness for DVR! I will be looking for the cute green dress! I can't wait to eat more cake batter at the Spoon... I'll have to try the Reese's Pieces! Thanks for the 'good times'! : )
I'm so glad you got to live a dream! Very exciting. I'm going to DVR it just to watch our for you. You cute thing!!!
So awesome. I think I would have gotten chills too if I was in the same room as Oprah. So I had no idea that's how you got the tickets to the show. Pretty cool
PS: You look smokin' hot. Love the dress.:)
WOW! I can't believe you went to Oprah! After YEARS of hard work trying, you finally scored tickets!! It sounds like it was every bit as amazing as we all hoped. i'm so glad she lived up to all your expectations. PS I miss you! Can't wait to see you next weekend.
Yeaaaah! So fun for you to get on!! That is awesome! Love ya,
Nat
Post a Comment