Friday, August 13, 2010

7 Is Heaven

There's no doubt that I love me some newborns. It was such an amazing, blissful stage for me. The few months proceeding that were great too, but I have now reached a new stage in Liam and Elle's life that I am almost equally LOVING! Seriously, I wish I could freeze time right now. Since I can't here are a few things to document what is going on in the twin's lives.

LIAM:
-is getting close to crawling (the backwards worm/some funky break dancing-ish type move is his current choice way of getting around)
-loves green beans and doesn't so much love oatmeal
-can shake hands when Daddy says, "Liam, shake hands?!"
-is cutting his top 4 teeth all at the same time
-still loves to drive his Jeep (walker) all around and has now mastered speeding, reverse and making sharp right and left hand turns
-thinks measuring spoons are the coolest toy ever
-LOVES Gracie (our cat) and goes nuts when he sees her or when "where's the kitty" is mentioned
-has a good amount of hair, but still has the bald spot on the back of his head
-has at least 10 pairs of shoes that will not stay on his chubby feet
-weighed 18 pounds at his 6 month appointment, so is probably now getting close to 20 pounds
-absolutely refuses to drink milk that isn't piping hot, almost to the point where you think "I really think this is way too hot for my baby to drink!"
-is LOUD; I can hear him no matter where I am in the house
-shakes his head NO to me (and can repeat it back to me when I do it to him)
-thinks it's hysterical when you throw clothes/towels/napkins/etc. into the air
-has me wondering how he can put his feet in his mouth (I thought boys weren't flexible!)
-loves "The Wheels On The Bus" song
-still has not shat himself in public yet (thank you Liam!)
-grinds his teeth, and makes me cringe every single time he does it
-religiously takes his naps from 10-12 and then from 2-4

Photobucket

ELLE:
-is crawling backwards, rocking like crazy, and skootching a few inches then flattening out for a rest stop
-is also cutting her top 4 teeth
-can say mama and dada
-can also shake hands when Daddy asks her to
-loves green beans and sweet potatoes
-smiles and laughs ALOT
-is still fascinated with her hands and while drinking her bottle has to either be patting my leg, pulling her clothes, touching her face, rubbing her hair, yanking on her ear, or clacking her bracelet on the bottle
-is a very neat eater; I'm not sure she even needs a bib
-laughs uncontrollably when you give her a balloon
-does excellent baby yoga moves
-accompanied me to the grand opening of the world's largest Forever 21
-had her first public shat-a-thon in the above mentioned store and it seeped all the way down into the seat of her stroller therefore causing her father to literally have to hose it down once we got home (I guess I had it coming though by going this long with having 2 babies that had never gone #2 in public)
-must have it completely dark and quiet in her room in order for her to fall asleep; however, if she falls asleep in the car, I can have the radio on, be talking on the phone, and of course it's broad daylight out and she will remain asleep
-weighed 16 pounds at her 6 months appointment, so is probably now close to 18 pounds
-would bounce around for hours in her Jumperoo if I let her
-still loves the ABC song and a song we made up called "Ride The Bike, Play The Bongos, Eat A Mango, Snow Angels"
-can now wear a tiny pony tail on the top of her head
-is my all around "easier baby" at this point in time
-sleeps about 3 hours during the day

Photobucket

And yes for the record, I am still absolutely loving being their mama and consider motherhood the best gift I've ever been given. 7 really is heaven.

5 comments:

Jenny Bishop said...

LOVE this post!! The little diamonds are just so stinkin sweet and I LOVE the photos you took of them!! They are beautiful, little miss photographer!!! :) And of course I love that you shared all the cute happenings of Liam and Elle with us!!! So cute!!! PS...LOVE Elle's headband!!

heather said...

I love reading all their facts. love that Liam has 10 pair of shoes and can't wear them.
I love the Elle has to sleep where it's dark, except in the car. That is too funny.
OH, and where is the largest Forever 21? I love that store.

The Thelins said...

I LOVE it when you post!! 7 months is really a great stage. It lasts a long time, too- up until about 15 months when they turn into monsters and they're still too young to stick in nursery. Speaking of which, today was the first day Peyton has fit into her sandbox dress, it looked absolutely adorable, and she got lots of compliments. So a big thank you to Aunt Bootie for the darling get-up!

McEwen Family said...

Awww your babies are the cutest Suz! I love all the fun pics tha perfectlly capture their little personalities. 7 months is a beautiful age! I'm glad to see that you are enjoying ever minute of them! I still need to meet these diamonds of yours! One of these days.

EmaLee said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL babies Suz! It's fun to read about their milestones and have my own little precious girl at home doing the same things! Love you girl.