Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Help



A couple years ago when I set up our blog, I almost gave up on the whole idea because the coding and the margin widening and the pattern backgrounds and the large header and the side bars and the (fill in the blanks with all the other mambo jambo I needed to do) got the best of me.

I spent too many hours feeling like the above image.

So fast forward hours later and all I ended up with was a blog that didn't have any fancy patterns, the margins are still jacked, and I have been afraid to change any part of it since in fear of messing it all up.

Well now the time has come where I want to set up another little blog especially for two tiny people whose names might just be Liam and Elle. And let's just say as I went to start the process of setting one up, history was repeating itself. Only this time their blog looks WAY worse than this one because things have changed a bit on Blogger. What I have created on their blog so far is a real disaster!

I've decided it's best to cut my losses and quit trying to struggle through to figure it all out. It's way too left brained for me.

SO CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME? PRETTY PLEASE?

I think what I want is simple: wider margins, a large header, a patterned background and a few side bar categories. That's it. Easy breezy. For you. Not me.

What's in it for you? How about a set of personalized stationery? Or I'll bake you my famous Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake. Or Photoshop/edit a handful of photos for you. Or...whatever else I can offer you from the Suzanne Bag Of Tricks.

Any takers? If so, please just email me and we can coordinate the details. Thank you in advance. And my husband and babies thank you as well because now I will have more time with them and might even be a little nicer too since I won't be fighting with Blogger.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am no help :(
Gerty

heather said...

I'm no blog pro so I don't really feel like I can help. Ever since blogger changed I don't understand it so I've kept my blog the same too. The only thing I have changed is so that my pictures can be bigger and I changed the margins a little. I wish I could help you more.

Jenny Bishop said...

Are you stuck on using Blogger?! If not, Wordpress is a much easier platform to blog from! It's really simple, clean and they have quite a few templates to choose from that allow you to upload your own header and change colors, etc. I really like using Wordpress! The other option is to buy templates for Blogger or find some that are free. thecutestblogontheblock.com has some cute templates that are free for Blogger! Hope one of these ideas helps!

Amy Joy said...

I have been afraid you would go private. I am no crazy but I want to read about your beautiful babies. Everytime I go to Jen's I look over to see if you have anything new. Sorry I am no help with the blog...mine is lame and they have changed things so much that I messed up a few posts.