
My sister is simply the best (Tina Turner style!). She's like a sister and a best friend all rolled into one. We have the most fun when ever we are together. Every time without fail.
Our most recent "sister night" was no exception. This time Ange was in charge. All she said to me was this, "wear something a little fancy, and I'll pick you up at 6. Sister night is a surprise so don't ask any questions!"
So I threw on my Thursday best and counted down the minutes until 6. My chariot had arrived and when I opened the car door, there on the seat sat a lovely bouquet of mini sun kissed calla lilies! What?! For me?! Just because?! She knows I love fresh flowers of any kind. And even more touching was the sweetest card (which had buttons on it - love) that accompanied my beautiful blooms. It was so thoughtfully written and from the heart. I cried. A happy cry of course.
We proceeded on our adventure and once we were a few miles away from stop #1, she made me close my eyes until we arrived. I had about 5 different ideas as to where we were going. All were wrong.
Where did we end up you ask? Del Frisco's Steakhouse! I jumped for joy! I hadn't been there in years. It was time. My mouth was already watering.
Dinner couldn't have been any more delicious. Fillet mignon, mac + cheese, and smashed potatoes filled our bellies. And exceeded our calorie quota for the day too. We dined, chatted, laughed, and bonded. It was perfect.
We were too full to take on any decadent dessert offerings so off we went to stop #2: shopping at Planet Hollywood. On our way over there, Ange just so happened to point out a new little place that she thought looked fun. Well I looked and GASPED!!!! Beheld, there in the distance was SERENDIPITY 3!!! I just knew it was the Serendipity because of the pink font used on the signage. I was really jumping for joy now!
So what is Serendipity you ask? Yes it is the name of a movie, but more importantly to me...it was my most favorite place we ate at this summer while in NYC. It's a total New York classic. Kitschy. Cool. And home of the "frozen hot chocolate" (hence the larger than life sized one outside the restaurant). It's a total treat for the taste buds! This summer I devoured a whole one all by myself. It's huge by the way, and so darn good. And if you've never had one, well now you won't have to travel two thousand miles to do so. You can head right on down to the corner of Flamingo and LV BLVD. And please take me with you when you go.
So back to sister night...well after I shared my raving endorsement with her, she decided to change her plan for stop #3 and she'd take us there after we were done shopping. It was then my plan to find room in my full to the brim belly to do so. Seriously, my night couldn't have been going any better!!!
Until...we drove there post shopping...only to find out that the restaurant was closed! As in, it wasn't open yet! We were 2 days early. We were so bummed! Especially since our fullness had been walked off from all that retail exercising. We did arrive at the decision though to have our sister night finale the next time she rolls into town. I'm counting down the moments, believe you me!
We had such a wonderful and special night. Even without our finale dessert, it was still such a fun memory, and one I won't soon forget. Thanks again Ange for treating me like a queen and for sharing your spontaneity and sweetness with me. You are the best sister and friend a girl could ever wish for.
Our most recent "sister night" was no exception. This time Ange was in charge. All she said to me was this, "wear something a little fancy, and I'll pick you up at 6. Sister night is a surprise so don't ask any questions!"
So I threw on my Thursday best and counted down the minutes until 6. My chariot had arrived and when I opened the car door, there on the seat sat a lovely bouquet of mini sun kissed calla lilies! What?! For me?! Just because?! She knows I love fresh flowers of any kind. And even more touching was the sweetest card (which had buttons on it - love) that accompanied my beautiful blooms. It was so thoughtfully written and from the heart. I cried. A happy cry of course.
We proceeded on our adventure and once we were a few miles away from stop #1, she made me close my eyes until we arrived. I had about 5 different ideas as to where we were going. All were wrong.
Where did we end up you ask? Del Frisco's Steakhouse! I jumped for joy! I hadn't been there in years. It was time. My mouth was already watering.
Dinner couldn't have been any more delicious. Fillet mignon, mac + cheese, and smashed potatoes filled our bellies. And exceeded our calorie quota for the day too. We dined, chatted, laughed, and bonded. It was perfect.
We were too full to take on any decadent dessert offerings so off we went to stop #2: shopping at Planet Hollywood. On our way over there, Ange just so happened to point out a new little place that she thought looked fun. Well I looked and GASPED!!!! Beheld, there in the distance was SERENDIPITY 3!!! I just knew it was the Serendipity because of the pink font used on the signage. I was really jumping for joy now!
So what is Serendipity you ask? Yes it is the name of a movie, but more importantly to me...it was my most favorite place we ate at this summer while in NYC. It's a total New York classic. Kitschy. Cool. And home of the "frozen hot chocolate" (hence the larger than life sized one outside the restaurant). It's a total treat for the taste buds! This summer I devoured a whole one all by myself. It's huge by the way, and so darn good. And if you've never had one, well now you won't have to travel two thousand miles to do so. You can head right on down to the corner of Flamingo and LV BLVD. And please take me with you when you go.
So back to sister night...well after I shared my raving endorsement with her, she decided to change her plan for stop #3 and she'd take us there after we were done shopping. It was then my plan to find room in my full to the brim belly to do so. Seriously, my night couldn't have been going any better!!!
Until...we drove there post shopping...only to find out that the restaurant was closed! As in, it wasn't open yet! We were 2 days early. We were so bummed! Especially since our fullness had been walked off from all that retail exercising. We did arrive at the decision though to have our sister night finale the next time she rolls into town. I'm counting down the moments, believe you me!
We had such a wonderful and special night. Even without our finale dessert, it was still such a fun memory, and one I won't soon forget. Thanks again Ange for treating me like a queen and for sharing your spontaneity and sweetness with me. You are the best sister and friend a girl could ever wish for.



4 comments:
you and ang are so cute! i am so excited about serendipity! thanks for sharing the news. i will have to make plans for a date night soon.
Sisters are amazing. There is nothing like them! You and Ang are so cute and are so lucky to have each other and the great relationship that you share!
So sweet!!! You two are always so sweet and thoughtful!
I saw that Serendipity just the other day and thought "I HAVE TO GO THERE! maybe after you and ange go you and I can hit it up for a date night!
Oh, how I miss Del Friscos. You guys plan the funnest outings! If we ever move back to Vegas, let's go into business together. You don't miss anything.
Post a Comment