Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SPA-aaaaah

6 hours and
1 deep tissue massage
1 herbal steam room
1 hydro spa
1 salt grotto
1 igloo
1 wave room
1 rain shower
1 yummy lunch
1 Cooking Light
and 2 O magazines later
I decided that taking the day to go to the Venetian Canyon Ranch Spa is the way to spend what would have been an otherwise routine Tuesday.

Today was a true heaven on earth type experience for me.  Would you believe that before today I had never been to a day spa?  True story.  Boy have I been missing out.  

I actually enjoyed being there all alone.  Just me and my thoughts.  With no phone calls to make, emails to write, cards to design, or other things to worry about that have been consuming my mind as of late.  It was pure zen like goodness and pure luxe in every form. 

So, where shall my next spa day-cation be?  Suggestions welcome.

8 comments:

heather said...

Wow, that sounds amazing. I have never been to one either but anything that offers a massage has to be awesome.
So glad that you got to have a day to yourself.

Unknown said...

OH- I am jealous! That sounds like a great day. I want to schedule one.

I love the spa at Green Valley Ranch. It's separate from the casino. Has it's own private outdoor spa pool with food brought to you. It had been the best one I have gone to. Also, the boutique has some fun items!

McEwen Family said...

I am so glad you got some Suzanne time! Sounds like it was pure bliss! The only spa i've been to in Vegas is the JW Marriot so I have nothing to compare it to but I did love it. I'll have to try out the venetian sometime!

Jenny Bishop said...

Oh how I LOVE to go to spas!! My hubby set up a massage for me at the Four Seasons (at Mandalay Bay) when we got engaged and it was FABULOUS!! You've got to try a hot stone massage sometime too...AMAZING!! :)

The Thelins said...

Next spa day-cation... Somewhere with me! I'm jealous :)

Lisa said...

what a wonderful day! i love going to the spa! we should go together sometime!

Sara said...

Wish I was there with you.

Where do you find all your cool pics? Please do tell.

Jen said...

I was inspired!!