Thursday, October 30, 2008

Love is in the details

For sure one of my most favorite quotes from Ms. Winfrey.

Indeed, no detail was left undone.

Satin linens on the table : tailored chair covers with big beautiful bows : a plethora of fresh flowers : coordinating stationery pieces (with custom pencils I might add) : and one mouth watering menu

To further our fashion forward motif, we used the following touches on the tables:

-CHOCOLATE BROWN SLING BACK HIGH HEELS stuffed with fresh flowers + ribbons, used at the base of each centerpiece
-FEATHER BOAS wrapped around a lampshade for the top of each centerpiece
-JEWELED PURSE PICTURE FRAMES situated at each person's place setting, and each adored with a different photo of Jon + Angela

Ready for some eye candy?

Can you stand it?!


Bells of Ireland filled the inside of the tall vases, as well as acted as an accent flower to the blush and ivory colored Gerbera daisies placed inside the high heels
And even the dang butter was cute!

This was Angela's place setting which had a photo of her engagement ring

We also made Angela's chair different from everyone else's by having it resemble that of a veil...notice the tulle peaking out of the bottom

This was the box that her recipe cards were presented to her in. And atop the vase filled with the pink feathers were cards with words of love and advice so kindly written by Angela's guests in attendance. So sweet!

Look close and you'll see the straw flags that I made for each person - they read "here comes the bride". This project was a ONE TIME DEAL (believe it or not it was rather time consuming)
Lastly, Bridal Bingo was one of the fun games that we played (go Jenni Ferns for winning!) I always wanted a reason to make custom pencils for someone!!!

Even more pics to come - the food, the friends,
the family, the fun!

8 comments:

McEwen Family said...

I'm seriously DYING right now!!! I have never seen anything like it! The tables are gorgeous, and not a detail was missed! I love the Angela's bow on the back of her chair! The color scheme is just beautiful too. Bridal bingo...such a cool idea. oh fun fun fun! I can't get enough!

Tiffany said...

I am going to vomit with envy, this is so perfect. Can I get remarried and have you wave your fairy tale wand over me? Amazing.

heather said...

Holy moly this is so awesome words can't even express the aweomseness! Seriously Suz, you need to go into business with the wedding planning! Can I get married again so that you can do this for me?

A family of four said...

I can't get enough of the pink feathers. They are the best. I love every detail ... nothing was left undone. It makes me want to get married again and you know how much I love weddings!!

The Thelins said...

ridiculous

The Thelins said...

you are incredible

Jen said...

Yes it was an event ill forever remember!! Im loving the posts girl.

Sara said...

I LOVE it! You didn't miss a thing. Keep posting pictures!