For my sister's bridal shower, not any ole invitation pulled from my repertoire would do. It had to be special. It had to be specifically tailored to our event's motif. And most importantly, it had to scream Angela at the very first glimpse upon pulling it out of the envelope.
Let me elaborate before showing the pics.
The color scheme: moss green + chocolate brown that we pulled from her wedding color palette, and then we added cotton candy pink into the mix for a fun and feminine touch!
The motif: FASHION (as you will later see in the decor and other shower details)
The venue: Canyon Gate Country Club, on a lovely summer day
Lastly, we wanted to make it ultra girlie so feathers were used on the invitation then later reintroduced into the centerpieces.
Introducing the first glimpse of the invitation ensemble...

Here is a closer up view of the front of the invitation
(and yes, some info has been blurred out intentionally)
(and yes, some info has been blurred out intentionally)

And the back of the invitation has a fun feather detail
secured on the back...as if I could just leave it plain Jane
secured on the back...as if I could just leave it plain Jane

Each label was hand cut individually to create the exact same
shape as the dominant graphic featured on the inside on the invitation
shape as the dominant graphic featured on the inside on the invitation

Also inside the envelope was a recipe card enclosure asking each guest to share their favorite recipe with Angela. I pre-perforated the cards so all they had to do was detach and bring along to the shower. The recipe cards' border read: EAT WELL - LAUGH OFTEN - LOVE MUCH. She loved this touch and boy did she receive dozens of recipes that sounded so tasty!

I'm going to go on record here and say that plucking over 130+ feathers (2 per invite) and devoting many many hours of design and production were well worth it because the invite did it's job...it indeed set the tone for a special event celebrating a very special little bride to be!



6 comments:
You are so talented. It leaves me wanting more... : )
Wow, those look amazing! Love the recipe idea...and those feathers. Can't wait to see more!
Wow you are pretty fancy!
Oh man! I am loving each little phase of the wedding details being revealed! I like that you are giving us taste by taste so that we can drink it in!
Keep it up Suz! I am LOVING IT!
The pictures don't do it justice. It was that good. If I had 10% of your talent, I would be a happy girl. Miss you. I probably don't get to visit until December. Hopefully sooner. I'll keep you posted!
How did I not know you were so talented! I can totally see it but I guess I never realized how passionate you were about the "details!" You are amazing, those invites...wow I'd frame one for a keepsake it looks that good! Angela is so lucky to have you as her big sis!
Post a Comment