When it rains it pours. So why does Big Beat get the call to open up for the Flobots tomorrow night (aka: they sing the "Handlebars" song that they play on the radio 24/7, and PS- USA Today named that song the #1 alternative song in America 2 weeks ago-nice) only when for the first time ever my husband can't physically rock a mic? Because when it rains it pours. Thank you "gangrenous appendicitis." What a super cool opportunity that would have been for them. And they also had to forgo playing their show at the Beatles' Revolution Lounge this week too. That blows. I think that Smooth should just rap while laying down in a coffin, Snoop Dogg style. What do you think? That wouldn't be too physically demanding for a guy who just had his burst appendix removed 2 weeks ago now would it? Okay, maybe so. Perhaps they'll get a sweet call like that again one day. For now, they'll just have to rock their mics (or ride their bikes) with no handlebars, no handlebars...
Monday, June 9, 2008
"No Handlebars" Tomorrow Night...
When it rains it pours. So why does Big Beat get the call to open up for the Flobots tomorrow night (aka: they sing the "Handlebars" song that they play on the radio 24/7, and PS- USA Today named that song the #1 alternative song in America 2 weeks ago-nice) only when for the first time ever my husband can't physically rock a mic? Because when it rains it pours. Thank you "gangrenous appendicitis." What a super cool opportunity that would have been for them. And they also had to forgo playing their show at the Beatles' Revolution Lounge this week too. That blows. I think that Smooth should just rap while laying down in a coffin, Snoop Dogg style. What do you think? That wouldn't be too physically demanding for a guy who just had his burst appendix removed 2 weeks ago now would it? Okay, maybe so. Perhaps they'll get a sweet call like that again one day. For now, they'll just have to rock their mics (or ride their bikes) with no handlebars, no handlebars...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
So I love that I can read your blog and learn more and more about you and Jeff! I had no clue he was in a band let alone that he'd have to pass up such a great opportunity! That sucks. Ohhh, there will be better times. But again, I love catching up on the years of info that I have missed, so fun for me!
I had no idea that Jeff was in a band! Well, I bet that new and better opportunites will come up.
Post a Comment