...and they're coming to pick up E.T. who we lured into our home with Reece's Pieces and is now hiding in our kitchen behind the 14 foot tarp. Well not exactly, but we're smack dab in the middle of a mold removal project and it looks like a complete disaster zone around here. Let me paint the scene: a floor to ceiling tarp, a fancy mold removal machine that needs to run for 48+ hours straight (it provides a loud droning noise to try and fall sleep to), a once nice kitchen island that has been completely disassembled, taped up cabinets and drawers (dang it, I need my shopping list!), our dishwasher sitting in the middle of our living room, and a gaping hole in the middle of our floor (no cement here-our kitchen is upstairs)! It's beautiful. Ya, a beautiful mess!!! Though I'm thankful it'll all be fixed within a few weeks, dealing with this type of stuff makes me totally on edge. I hate an upset house, and rinsing out dishes in the bathroom sink isn't my idea of fun. Here are a few snapshots to share:
Exhibits A&B-the tarp


A dishwasher always looks nice in a living room

A few things I grabbed before my cabinets were sealed,
and my basil plant just in case I want to make some pesto or something

And the finale shot - THE HOLE IN OUR HOUSE!!!

Anyone want to come over and play? And PS-where's Gracie Pipsqueak? She's been scared out of her mind for 2 days and is in hiding. She is already deathly afraid of small grocery bags. I can only imagine that she looks at the tarp as one gigantic one.
4 comments:
Just wanted to know if they found E.T. by listening to you play, "Turn On Your Heart Light". A little Neil Diamond always gives you away! :-) Good Luck!
The Bics
WOW!!!
I'm scared to come over!
How did you discover this? Is this your new house? WOW....so sorry!
I feel for you! We had the same thing happen at our old house and talk about inconvenient! I hope the repair is done by now or at least close to being done, who would have thought it was such the project huh?
Post a Comment