Wednesday, May 19, 2010

ROCK a bye baby

The babies and I roll out of bed at 8 am everyday. And not a minute sooner. Except for today. Mr. Liam was on a bender and just wanted to start his day a whole hour earlier. Ugh. I had a late night decorating for a big birthday bash that my sister and I coordinated, so 6 hours of sleep had me hurting.

I tried everything to get little man back to sleep. Tickling his face - nope. Re-swaddling him - uh uh. Laying him in bed next to me - no, not even snuggling worked. Then I remembered my "go-to-last resort-to-put-a-baby-to-bed-trick" - put him in the swing! Liam has rarely had to visit the swing in attempts to get him to fall asleep. However, that has not been the case with his sister.

Now getting to the point of my story since the scene has been set...Liam is now is his swing, but still squawking a bit. I'm getting a little impatient because all I want is just 30 more minutes of sleep! So my last idea is to give him my i-Touch and turn on soft Baby Mozart music to help calm the child down. I hand it to him and...voila! It instantly worked! And at that point I couldn't help but laugh to myself while realizing that there sat my 5 month old baby swinging away in mid air, grasping onto an i-Touch!

Well soft, soothing, symphonic song after song Liam is now quieted down and I am now happier myself. UNTIL...all of a sudden little man SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY not only cranks the volume all the way up, but changes the song to RUN-DMC'S "Christmas in Hollis!"

WHAT THE HECK?!?!

I literally started laughing out loud because there now sat my 5 month old baby swinging away in mid air, grasping onto an i-Touch, while listening to RUN-DMC!!! Can you just picture it?! I couldn't help but think that Daddy would be so proud of him though. Good thing he's cute.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the updates! Amazing how quickly time is flying, and with each passing day they are even more amazing than the day before!! XXOO

Jeanna Hayes said...

If it's possible to crave a baby, it's happening right now!!!! I NEED to hold him!!!! (and Elle too, of course :). Can we say Gap babies??? You could make some serious $$$ off them ;). SO DANG CUTE.

Jenny Bishop said...

OMG Suzanne!! HE IS SOOOO ADORABLE!!!! I can't believe how big he is now and how different he looks than when I saw him in March! Oh he is just delicious!! Keep the photos coming!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! :) And love the cute story too of course!

EmaLee said...

Hehehe... I can picture it! Well sort of anyway... The pictures you post always help. :) I miss you Suz! I had a dream about you last night and it made me miss you even more. :)

lisaconk said...

He is so adorable! I can't believe how big they are getting. Where does the time go? By the way, I have a request...I want to see pictures of the nursery. (unless I missed them somehow) We only got a little teaser. I want to see it!!!

The Thelins said...

This story made me smile! I can't believe how grown up that little stud is. I can't wait to meet him!

McEwen Family said...

Isn't it crazy how extra valuable 30 minutes of sleep is? The things we do!!! I was laughing out loud reading this post...seriously hilarious!

KB said...

Like father, like son! I bet that just made his daddy proud! ;-) I remember a certain little girl that would immediately shush when she head the lyrical stylings of her Uncle Smooth! There is something about music and these babies that go hand in hand.