Tuesday, March 10, 2009

LOVE POTION #9

Today we celebrate 9 years of wedded bliss! And blissful it has been. I always knew on my wedding day that the man I was marrying was going to make me a very happy girl, but, I had no idea that my life with him was going to be this good. Somebody please pinch me. Wait! No, please don't.

My husband is like no other and I'm certain I have the best one on the planet. So in true blog fashion, here are my Top 9 reasons why I am absolutely, ridiculously in love with the man I am married to.

JEFF IS...

#9 - PASSIONATE. Jeff lives each and every day of his life with passion. I love that about him. Whether in the classroom, on the field (or the court), up on stage, or just doing a sweet gesture for me, he puts his heart and soul into whatever he's doing and lives life to his fullest.

#8 - HILARIOUS. My husband has an incredible sense of humor that is witty, quick, physical, slightly sarcastic and always up my alley. He makes me laugh everyday single day. No joke. You'd think he wouldn't be as funny to me anymore, but it's exactly the opposite. I swear he could do stand up. I love living with a comedian.

#7 - ROMANTIC. He truly knows how to make my heart swoon. And he's not embarrassed to admit he knows how to bring the romance. I mean he writes me a LOVE NOTE each and every day during the school year! That's 180 notes a year, at least! And always on a 3x5 card. I adore my growing collection.

#6 - TALENTED. That's right, my man's got the skills to pay the bills. Jeff is so good at so many things. He's a performer, coach, teacher, writer, public speaker, and an in the closet semi handy man, just to name a few. (CLARIFICATION: when I say semi handy man, I'm not talking he installs crown molding or hard wood flooring for me, but more like he can fix a broken toilet or install a sink fixture for me...stuff that impresses me).

#5 - INTELLIGENT. Jeff knows so much about everything it seems (and that's not because he has a Master's degree!). He blows my mind when he recalls obscure historical facts, or talks about convectional weather storms, or explains how random things work. He always has an answer to my burning questions. He's brilliant in my book!

#4 - GIVING. Always. Of his time. Of his talents. Of his friendship. Of his love. Of anything he can possibly share with others.

#3 - THOUGHTFUL. My husband does something nice for me each day. He loves to lighten the load around here. And not because he feels he has to, but because he wants to.

#2 - HUMBLE. See this long list as to why I love this guy?! Yeah, well he never tries to floss or be boastful. That's my job to tell the world of his greatness.

#1 - JUST AMAZING IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD!!! He treats me like a queen and has shown me a love I never knew existed until our paths crossed years ago. It's the real deal. FOREVER.

And...if I had to (selfishly) add in a #10 to the list, it would be how much I love receiving a daily massage. Foot rub, shoulder rub, yep, every day! With no complaints.

I'm irrationally in love with this man who I've had the honor and privilege of calling my husband for the past 9 years. I love being Mrs. Johnson.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! This is the sweetest note ever! Love the photo of you two at the top! Adorable! Have a great day! :)

EmaLee said...

Happy Anniversary Suz!

The Thelins said...

Happy anniversary! You guys are so cute, and I loved reading this post. It gives me another example of wedded bliss that lasts past the "honeymoon phase". That's one of my favorite things about you, booty... You stand by your man, and you aren't afraid to show it. Congrats! I hope you celebrate in true Suzanne fashion.

nleavitt22 said...

Happy Anniversary to the best & cutest couple I know (besides me and Gert!) HA! Have a super terrific day!

Lauren Brown said...

I have tears! I just love you guys and have always felt lucky to have such a great example of what a marriage could be. Happy Anniversary!!

A family of four said...

Happy Anniversary!! Your relationship is such a great example of true love. Happy Day! : )

Sara said...

I love your list and I love happy people. I love you guys.

Lisa said...

happy anniversary!! i still can't believe it's been nine years. promise me we will se each other again before another nine goes by! i am so haapy that you have such a wonderful husband (although i know that he is pretty lucky to have you as well!) love you and it was fabulous seeing you again.

Carolyn said...

Ahhhhhh! Happy Anniversary! Congrats!

KB said...

Congrats, Love Birds!!! I am sure if Mr. Johnson was posting, he would not be able to stop with only 9 incredible things about his beautiful bride, too! Love you both!

Jen said...

AWWWE thats so sweet

KIC said...

I remember your beautiful wedding day! You two ARE perfect for each other. Love ya!

Lori John said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!! The John's will take a page from the Johnson's Book of Love....

McEwen Family said...

So so so sweet Suz! Happy 9 years of bliss!!! Jeff sounds amazing and I know you are so thats why you guys are just awesome together!!! love that he writes you love notes!