Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over

Things that are making me exceptionally cheerful today:

-my new twist on hot chocolate that I just recently made up : adding a few Hershey's white chocolate + peppermint kisses into my cup and stirring until dissolved. The result = a slightly minty and extra chocolaty delight!

-repetitiously playing our official "Suz + Jeff's Christmas Compilation CD" that we made a few years back

-getting to help a friend in need

-enjoying holiday goodies that come our way (THANK YOU!)

-and mailing off our Christmas cards today with minimal wait at the post office (which is a miracle for this time of year!)

HIP HIP HOORAY! Can anyone sense the stress relief that is occuring?!?!

And while on the topic of miracles, another one has occurred this season in addition to the decorating: a miracle happened with our Christmas cards!!!

We had our annual Christmas photo shoot done the first part of October, I had them all designed in November, had the production end of things mostly completed the first week of December, and had them mailed out but the 10th! So why is this a miracle? Because I am always burning the candle at both ends all month long and normally I don't get to mail them out until a few days before Christmas. Or if it's 2007, you send a New Year's Card instead.

I am strangely not stressed this month and am almost through my "Christmas card season." 200 of 365 cards are now done! Finished! Complete! And no, we don't send out 365 cards, that's how many I'll have done by the time I'm done with my orders and our own. Wha-hoo!

I am glad to say that I am still filled with holiday cheer rather than being the Grumpy-Stressed-Scrooge-Suz version of myself that has sadly emerged more than I'd like to admit.

Today was just one of those days. I feel happy. I feel blessed. I feel Christmas-y.

I LOVE THIS FEELING!!!

8 comments:

Jen said...

I needed that. I am loosing my spirit Suz. So thank you! I need to be happy!

KIC said...

I look forward to your card every year! I can't wait...

EmaLee said...

Haha... this reminds me of the time a few years ago when I went with you to the post office to mail your Christmas cards and you wanted the postal worker to hand stamp all of your cards so that they wouldn't go through the machine and get all smooshed. She was so nice and didn't have a problem with it at all! :) Did you ever take her any cookies? ;)

Lisa said...

I am so glad you have not lost the christmas spirit!! Mine is gradually fading! I am going to try and call Tammy to get your number!

McEwen Family said...

So I got your amazingly beautiful Christmas card yesterday and was so excited!!! I felt special just to get such a beautiful card! You guys look great, and I love the outfits! I was so bummed this year b/c we actually had pictures taken, and then I dropped the ball on ordering the cards I really wanted and once I had my order ready the soonest they could get them to us was a week, and we needed them the same week so I had to resort to costco which could do it the same day. Aggghhhh, not what I wanted to do! At least you made up for it by being on top of it and sending out an awesome card. Thanks for your happy Christmas spirit!

Unknown said...

I know I mentioned it Thursday but I love the card - not that that's a shocker. Thanks so much for sending us your happy holiday wishes!

Sara said...

We just got your card and YOU WIN for the best Christmas card of the year! One day when we're not in school and have paid off (some) of our student debts I'm going to hire you to do our cards. Absolutely stunning.

PS - are 100 bamboo skewers enough?

The Thelins said...

You are so crazy. 400 cards! I don't know how you stay sane and peppy, to boot.