Seeing that my recent post featuring contents of my sister's upcoming wedding peeked quite the interest, I guess there is a small audience after all awaiting more wedding details. So here comes another teaser...Today was an exceptionally wonderful day for The Bride To Be - we celebrated all afternoon at her bridal shower! It was a day that was planned, prepped for, and in production for many months in the making.
The gracious host Cindy (my mom's business partner and our life long family friend) held a beautiful soirée at Canyon Gate Country Club. The two of us were in cahoots together to ensure that this celebration was nothing shy of spectacular. It turned out so perfect. Zero stress and zero snafus (that's a first-maybe I should design all my events 6 months out). Angela simply loved her day and was honored to be celebrated by 46 of her closet friends and family members.
So why the picture of the gift I gave her? Well some little bride I know sent me a text the week after she got engaged (which was months ago) with a photo of this cute blue bag with a bride wearing an actual tulle embellished dress and a groom on it, and the contents of the text read:
"Suz, will you please give me a gift in this cutest bag ever? It's at Target FYI."
Who does that?! She cracks me up!
Then, literally last week she did a follow up on me to see if I indeed remembered about the Target gift bag! Of course I did, she should know that I always deliver the goods.
Anyhow, contents of the bag included a fun sister type gift. The main gift tag read: "A little something to wear for every day of the week!" And in case you haven't figured it out, yes, there were 7 different sassy "show time" outfits, complete with days of the week labels attached with ribbon to each one. Think 'days of the week' underwear for grown ups.
The other box held her ring pillow for her ring ceremony that she'll be having, that I had custom made especially for her. Think ivory satin pillow, trimmed with ivory feathers, with a ribbon trim and a blingin' rhinestone button in the center. It was adorable, and she said she had to hold back the tears because she loved it so much. Ahhh, how sweet...
Photos of it ALL will be coming one day soon...the invitation, the centerpieces, the food, the gifts, the guests, the bride, and so much more. Are you experiencing detail overload yet?



2 comments:
I love your new update :) And I love you. Im glad you like the car. Its so nice!! It was that or the g5 (Ive wanted that since I saw angelas) but the acura was a little cheaper. I will for sure let you eat some yogurt in it. Lets go SOON!!!
Suz, what can I say? I am home now from ridiculous traveling for work (for a few weeks anyway) and I can't believe your little baby sister is getting married!! Maybe now she can have new underwear since we all know that she and my darling Sara are deprived of new clothes and haven't had any since the 7th grade. Love and miss you. I'll try to write you a long email over the weekend if I don't crash and burn first. Hope all is well with the Johnson homestead. Love you to pieces. Ruth
Post a Comment