Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pursuit, Capture, and Release!

What kind of random things do Jeff and Suzanne do on a Friday night? Well this weekend they participated in scavenger hunt. Aren't we rad?! I was rather sour at first when I found out that my husband signed me up for such foolishness, but I agreed to at least show up and try to have fun. When we arrived and received our extensive list of adventures, I was so annoyed by how many stupid things we had to do. The list must have had over 100 things to try and check off, and even Mr. Good Attitude About Everything said to our team, "Do you guys just want to scrap this and go out to dinner instead?" Well "Team Chicken" decided to give it a whirl, and once we began mastering some of the tasks, I started getting into it and actually having some fun. Uh, oh, then the competitive gymnast/intense game player in me emerged and the game was ON! Needless to say, 3 hours of scavenging was worth it because we won the title of being crowned the champions! Whoo. But it was only because we "debated" our way into convincing everyone that our 100 point task should be counted, and there will be absolutely NO COMMENT as to what that task was, at least to the blogging world anyway. Here are a few photos highlighting our adventures...

Nice!

Strike a pose!

Starry D, you look good girl!

Yep, my husband went into the fountain at the Forum Shops!

Team Chicken being an "air band" in a coffee shop

Viva Las Vegas!

5 comments:

A family of four said...

I can't wait to hear what you had to do for the 100 points!

Kierstyn is excited to hear you think Kaija looks like her. Technology is crazy and has come such a long way - it was a very moving experience to see what she looks like.

Lori John said...

Can't wait to get the uncensored details!!

The Thelins said...

Dawn Starry? No way... I want to know what the unspeakable scavenge was. SO good to see you this weekend! I wish I had longer to play. Stupid Utah!

McEwen Family said...

thanks so much for leaving me a note, what crazy timing!!! I love being able to catch up with my old pals and see what they are doing, looks like you guys did crazy fun things on your hunt, I haven't done anything like that since highschool so I can see where you were reluctant to, but glad that you did in the end. Such a good sport, and you won too, yeah for your competitive side!

heather said...

How fun! I can't believe that Jeff got in the fountains...did he get in trouble at all?