Thursday, March 6, 2008

Blogging & Asparagus : A Special Dedication to Nicole Hermansen

Tuesday night we had a fun Rebel party at the Berquist's home. Fun friends, fab food, bad game. The Rebs got worked. Anyhow, Nicole and I got on the topic of blogging (which I think she should start one, especially so she can not only blog about - in her words- "the oh so happy moments of life such as sledding with your kids and exotic family vacations," which was a sub-topic within our conversation that she feels that blogging gives readers a false sense of people's picture perfect, overly happy and exciting lives, but so she can bring a more realistic approach to the blogging world and write about bad days, smelly diapers, family drama, or whatever isn't so upbeat.) Holy run-on, grammatically imperfect sentence! From that topic of conversation, we moved into discussing asparagus and the ways in which we each prepare it. After I told her the way I make mine, our conversation went like this:

Nicole: "Yum! You should blog about the way you make it!"
Suzanne: "Who on earth would care to know how I make my asaparus?!?!"
Nicole: "ME!!!"

So this simple recipe is dedicated to Nicole Hermansen:

1 bunch of washed and trimmed asparagus
EVOO
Montreal Steak Seasoning
Kosher salt

DIRECTIONS: Set oven on high broil. Lay asparagus out flat onto a cookie sheet. Drizzle generously with EVOO, coating both the tips and ends. Sprinkle with both the steak seasoning and salt as desired, then toss with hands being sure to coat each piece with EVOO and seasoning. Place on middle rack of oven and broil for about 4-5 minutes, or until the tips start to turn dark brown and crispy looking. Remove from oven and serve immediately.

It really is delish and probably our most favorite vegetable to eat around our house. Jeff refers to them as "healthy French fries" because they taste so salty and yummy to him! Sometimes we even forgo our table manners and eat them with our fingers just like you do French fries! So uncouth, and too much info right?! Anyways, they're fun and delicious to eat!

So there you have it Nicole, another super dooper cool post you had to read through! :) At least you got an easy recipe of out it! I did promise her though that in the meantime I would do my best to think about a topic that I could blog about that doesn't fall into the sledding/exotic vacation category. Any suggestions out there? I love you Nicole!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!
Nicole