skip to main |
skip to sidebar

Date night a few weeks back was especially fantastic! Why you ask? Because Jeff and I hung out with Bono and the boys, well at in my world we did. We went and saw U2-3D, and let me tell you, it was 120 minutes of pure goodness. After I got over the fact that the sweet 3D stunnar shades were NOT disposable and were probably germ infested and/or laden with other people’s face grease (but not to worry, this germophobe was actually prepared for that and I brought along a few alcohol wipe packets to disinfect), I was ready to rock. If you've ever experienced U2 in concert, you are well aware that this band can seem larger than life even when they are physically before you. So seeing them in high definition 3D projection right in front of your very eyes quite easily cements that illusion. So, with treats in hand and stunnar shades on, Bono and company finally hit the stage, and boy oh boy was I in heaven! I mean, they were literally right up in my mix – not that I expected any less from a 3D film. I actually had to grab at the air like I did when I saw Captain EO at Disneyland for the first time! So between the umpteen boomin’ surround sound speakers that lined the theater walls, and the larger than life screen that allowed me to watch and listen to Bono and all of his glory (don’t worry Jeff is well aware of my big crush on a now middle aged man, and personally I think he has a man crush on Bono as well), the flick was almost even better than the real thing. Almost. So, if you still haven’t found what you are looking for, I suggest you walk on over to the Redrock's IMAX theater and check it out on the big screen before it’s gone – and afterwards, you won’t be stranded in a parking lot for 3 hours either!
No comments:
Post a Comment