Monday, November 9, 2009

MUGGED!

It's no secret that for the first 5 months of my pregnancy I pretty much hated food. All food. Even my favorite foods, including baked goods. But out of necessity and extreme hunger, I still managed to eat. Keeping it down was another story.

So since food was not my friend, I for sure was not having any cravings. I was kind of bummed. I was always hoping for some cravings, or at least a craving, but they didn't come.

About mid way into my 5th month, I started to not have as many food aversions and could at least eat some of my old favorites again.

Still no cravings though.

Then month 6 rolled around and I could at least eat sweet treats and baked goods again, but only in moderation.

Did I have a craving yet though? NO!!!

Well since the bed rest sentence and now having all these little personal chefs cooking for us, I am officially over ALL my food aversions. Hello tomatoes, beef, and beloved baked goods (and certainly not in moderation any longer)!

And at just 1 week shy of being 8 months pregnant, guess what???

I'VE HAD MY FIRST CRAVING!!!

Any guesses? It's not even a food, it's a drink!

MUG ROOT BEER FOLKS, MUG ROOT BEER!

Which makes no sense to me because I never ever drink soda. I always drink/order water. But let's just say that for the last 5 days, Ive been cracking open a cold one! Thank goodness Mug doesn't have any caffeine in it. And it doesn't help that my cute Mom got so excited about my first craving that she spontaneously dropped off a 12 pack the other day.

I do plan to quit drinking this liquid form of high fructose corn syrup as soon as the 12 pack is gone. Then I am crossing my fingers for a food craving next!

And even though this pregnancy hasn't been the easiest on me for a handful of reasons, I still LOVE being pregnant and delighting in the simple joys, such as having my first craving, that this experience has brought me.

Maybe pickles and ice cream are next...

8 comments:

McEwen Family said...

You are so cute Suz! Yay for your first craving! It's funny I never drink soda either and when I'm pregnant I always have a craving for it at some point. Can't wait to hear what's next!

KB said...

My VT predicted a root beer craving and even brought me a 12 pack. Sure enough- loved it! I don't normally like this beer full of root, but boy I could down it when I was preggers.

Jen said...

Yea a craving!!!!! I love root beet all thd time ;). Love you

heather said...

Wow, that is a new kind of craving. You are just so cute. Glad you finally got one.

Lauren Brown said...

ok- you are officially the cutest twincess ever! Hooray for high fructose corn syrup! I didn't really have cravings with Ave, but with Aiden is was juicy oranges and steamed broccoli...not together thank goodness! I love you and can't wait to see these "big diamonds!"

EmaLee said...

I was craving root beer a couple of months ago pretty bad! I had a couple of sodas here and there, but what I really enjoyed were root beer popsicles! Give them a try, they don't have nearly as much sugar as a soda does. ;)

Jeanna Hayes said...

That is so awesome. I love that of all things, it's soda! Hey, at least it's original! :) I wish I lived closer so I could drop off one a day :)

Lisa said...

i didn't know you were on bed rest!! i am glad that you are having some cravings! i loved having cravings when i was pregnant because i felt i could indulge in whatever i wanted!