That's right, my husband was just recently awarded this wonderful honor. I generally don't write open love letters to my boy on the blog, and he will probably rip my post down, but I can't help but be so proud of him.
He never ceases to amaze me in all areas of his life. He is intelligent, passionate, and so giving of his time and talents both in and out of the classroom. Over the past 12 years of his teaching career (yes 12!), I have witnessed first hand many lives that he has personally affected.
He is such an example to me of following your passion in life and sharing it with the world. I love that he wakes up each morning excited to greet the day with new ways to touch lives, push the boundaries of critical thinking, and inspire those around him. Simply put, the world is a better place because of Jeff.
So any idea as to why Mr. Johnson was awarded this honor? Perhaps because he...
totally dominates in the classroom
or
because he writes super nice letters of recommendations for the college bound
or
because his A.P. History students do so well on their A.P. exams each year
or
maybe because he wrote this amazing song about being a teacher (which-he is going to kill me-can be found HERE, click track #16 "Illumination" for a quick listen)
or
perhaps because he's orchestrated 3 charity fund raiser events (involving the CHS Student Body) called "Hip Hop For Hearts" benefiting American Heart Association
or
maybe, just maybe because he...
BUSTS OUT THIS POSE FOR HIS YEARBOOK PHOTO
But I guess I'm not surprised because he does everything just a little different from the herd, and that's one thing that I absolutely love about him.
I have embraced the photo, as the 8x10 glossy now hangs on my magnet board alongside his nifty slew of award certificates from John Ensign, Harry Reid, Jon Porter, etc. Whoo hoo.
Coronado is lucky to have one of education's finest, and I'm even luckier.



10 comments:
Congrats JEff! Wow, that is a great award. Also, that picture is awesome! I think that is why he got the award...he's just so dang cool.
Wow!! That is so great. You should be proud of him! Congrats Jeff!
Congrats Jeff! He DEFINETLY deserves it!
I definitely think it is the yearbook photo- hands down! Congrats Smooth- you truly are the best!
Haha... I meant definitely, not definetly. It looked good when I typed it. :)
What an absolute stud!
O-H, Jeffy, You are a stud. Wish I had a teacher like you...oh wait, not smart enough :)
Jeffro....You ROCK!!
I actually experienced him as a teacher. No one deserves it as much as him!
We are totally behind in checking blogs, but CONGRATS to Jeff. If only we could all be teachers like him! Hey, want to come be a guest speaker in my classes? Or, you could make a video appearance! Way to go!
Post a Comment