Sunday, June 22, 2008

Jeff + Suz AND THE CITY...

...and SHOPPING and the city...and STATIONERY and the city...and BROADWAY SHOWS and the city...you get the idea!

My dream of going back to the big apple is coming true, in about a New York minute! Yippe! I can hardly wait to go on our summer vacation to NYC, it's been almost 10 years and counting! I finally booked our hotel room which was a feat in and that of itself. I spent WAY too many hours on those darn travel sites (and even the "Priceline Negotiator" failed me, stupid Shatner)...but I finally can sleep well at night now knowing that Jeff gave me the thumbs up to stay HERE at this oh so chic boutique hotel right off of Times Square!!! The spacious slate bathrooms sold me along with the crisp white linens, and nearly all great reviews from multiple websites. No Super8 for this naturally anxiety-filled traveler, thank you very much.

And though we don't want to have every minute of our trip planned out to a tee, we do have a few "typical touristy" ideas that are top on our list. They include:
-MOMA
-30 Rockefeller Center
-seeing a Broadway show (we're thinking Wicked)
-a possible viewing of Letterman
-Central Park
-Kate's Paperie (for anyone who doesn't know, it's the END ALL BE ALL of high end stationers...so if you have your products in Kate's, you've pretty much made it in the stationery world)
-shopping on 5th avenue
-China Town (knockoff "Prado", "Coca Chanel", "Pucci", or "Katie Spade" bags anyone?)
-and of course enjoying many of the good eats that the city has to offer - gladly accepting suggestions!

I CAN NOT EVEN WAIT!!! Can you sense the excitement?! Of course details to follow upon our return...

3 comments:

heather said...

I love NYC. Chris and I went last summer and stayed w/my brother who lives out there.
So here are some things you might want to do. THe MET, the really cool thing is that you can pay the full price for the museum(Which you shouldn't do) or you can give a donation. Since my sister-in law knows about this all you have to do is give a donation of a dollar and you're in. It's awesome.
Central Park is also fun, sometimes they have random things going on. So you might want to check that out.
But I hope you have fun, and I'm so jelous that you are going to see a Broadway SHow. Be sure to get your tickets for 1/2 price. During the afternoon (around 3pm) you can get tickets to certian shows for only 1/2 price. When we went we saw The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. It was a really good one.
HAve fun and I can't wait to see pictures.

McEwen Family said...

OH, fun fun fun! Andy just got back from NYC with his brother on Monday night, and had the best time ever. I love that city! It has been 3 years since I was there last but your itinerary looks great! Check out Lombardi's for pizza, it's pretty close to Little Italy, I think off of Mott Street and Spring, but don't quote me on that. Have the best time ever! Your hotel looks awesome! You have to stay somewhere nice in NYC, no going cheap there. I'm so jealous! Can't wait to see the pics from your trip.

heather said...

Suz
so with the blow up place there is actually no charge for adults. SO I say go for it. It's pretty fun too.