Friday, February 8, 2008
HAIR today GONE tomorrow!
After about 12 months of growing out my curly locks, I finally had enough hair to donate 11 inches of it to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths cause. PBL was created to bring people together to share their strength and donate their hair to create free wigs for women who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment. This has been a desire of mine and goal that I have wanted to achieve for quite some time now. I originally was going to donate to Locks of Love, but when I heard about the PBL campaign, and that they only require 8 inches of hair for a donation, I was even more excited to chop my funky-fro-with-overgrown-layers hair, and fast! Well to my surprise when I straightened my hair to ensure I had hit that 8 inch requirement, I actually had just over 11 inches (curly hair length is very deceiving)! So not only could I donate more than I had planned on, but now my hair dresser had even more hair to work with for cutting it into my new coif (I was a little nervous that it was going to be too short, and as a end result, have a curly crewcut or something)! So now, I have officially joined the “short, A-lined bob club," but really, my favorite one that I have joined is the “Million Inch Chain Club!” It sure feels good to give!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment